“I believe that God has made me and all creatures; that He has given me my body and soul, eyes, ears, and all my members, my reason and all my senses, and still takes care of them.”– Explanation of the 1st Article of the Creed, Luther’s Small Catechism
Spend a week with your team, helping Dominicans care for their body and soul. Your team will focus on outreach activities related to health (spiritual, mental, emotional, physical) and the value of life from conception to natural death.
Activities your team might consider tackling include:
- Wellness talks in local churches (nutrition, women’s health);
- Health checks (height & weight, blood pressure, glucose, etc.) in local churches;
- Well-child checks in Lutheran schools;
- Community home visits to sick or chronically ill members.
Dates: Flexible, typically Saturday-Saturday
Cost: typically $120-$130/person/night (airfare not included)
Cost Includes: food, lodging, on-field transportation, coordination and international medical insurance.
- Location: Dominican Republic
- Position Description File: n/a
- Duration: 8 days
- Team Size: 8-10 people
- Contact Name: Erin Alter
- Contact Email: Email
- Application Deadline: n/a
- Flexible Start Date: Yes
- Start Date: n/a