2020 TRIP SCHEDULE
Sierra Leone: May 1–11, 2020
Kenya: May 29–June 8, 2020
Republic of Congo: July 10–20, 2020
Ghana: September 4–14, 2020
Tanzania: Oct. 8–19, 2020
LCMS International Mission has scholarships available for Concordia University students enrolled in a nursing program.
Concordia nursing students who join an MMT will:
- Engage in pre-trip educational instruction in cross-cultural expectations, nursing care in an international setting, and trip requirements;
- Participate in MMT clinics, providing basic medical care in an isolated setting, experiencing rotation in areas such as intake, triage, diagnosis, and pharmacy;
- Plan and conduct a Community Health Education lesson on a topic chosen by the career missionary nurse;
- Take part in post-trip debriefing;
- Provide a post-trip report to LCMS International Mission for compilation into grant reports. This report will also be shared with their university’s nursing program director.
Each scholarship will cover the ground fee for the student, including: food, lodging, on-field transportation, coordination and international medical insurance.
Each student will be responsible for a $50 deposit, airfare, and the cost of any needed visas or immunizations.
All Christians are welcome to apply to join an LCMS Mercy Medical Team. Preference is given to LCMS Lutherans when spots are limited.