NOTE: This volunteer opportunity is unique in that it will all take place remotely, without travel to any international fields.
As we balance the demands of social distancing with those of being Christ’s hands and feet of mercy in the coming days, weeks, and months, assist the churches, schools, and seminary of the Dominican Republic Lutheran Mission to fine-tune and strengthen their digital footprints, both on the web and social media.
- Assist with the distribution and archival of live and previously recorded audio and video content (e.g. daily devotionals, sermons, entire worship services.)
- Consulting/training for missionaries, pastors, and lay leaders with regard to best practices for creating, sharing, and archiving digital resources and/or creating and maintaining an online (web and social media) presence.
- Demonstrated audiovisual experience
- Marketing (esp. social media marketing) desired
The mission in the Dominican Republic consists of five mission churches and two Lutheran schools. Concordia the Reformer Seminary and Mercy Center (CMSCR) was established in 2017 in order to raise up a new generation of Latinos who might serve their church as pastors and deaconesses. A non-profit organization called Good Shepherd Lutheran Homes serves people with disabilities throughout the country. Several OIM missionaries are actively serving in the Dominican Republic as church planters, deaconesses, and more alongside three Dominican pastors.
- Location: Dominican Republic
- Position Description File: n/a
- Duration: n/a
- Team Size: n/a
- Contact Name: Erin Alter
- Contact Email: Email
- Application Deadline: n/a
- Flexible Start Date: Yes
- Start Date: n/a